With our in depth knowledge of the food and drink industry, we understand that food grade flooring and walls need to be hygienic, seamless and able to withstand rigorous cleaning regimes. Chemical attack from food and drink ingredients can be aggressive on floors and walls, however we are able to provide a comprehensive choice of solutions.
Keeping your floor clean & safe
In order to meet the high standards required for food preparation floors and walls need to be seamless to eradicate areas for bacterial growth, as well as being hard wearing to withstand continuous traffic from forklift trucks, pallet trucks and other pieces of equipment.
Our best performing Altro material for food grade flooring is Altro Crete, FeRFA types; 4,5,7 and 8. Each variant provides an excellent slip resistance with the best chemical and impact resistance and the wear characteristic of medium-very heavy duty depending on the thickness of your installation. Each variant is easy cleaning and comes in a variety of colours to suit your liking.
Our food grade flooring systems can be customised to meet any individual requirements, as they come in a wide range of types including:
- Abattoirs, Meat, Fish & Seafood Processing
- Dairy & Milk Products
- Beverages & Soft Drinks
Our installation team advise that polyurethane resin flooring is the best for bakery flooring because it can withstand and provide specific requirements bakery flooring needs. This includes necessary characteristics such as:
- Easily cleanable and heat withstanding – Polyurethane screed floors are very durable and offer excellent thermal protection and can endure temperatures up to 120-130 degrees.
- Very hard wearing – Polyurethane resin is also exceptionally hard wearing and can withstand the hardest physical abrasions. The bakery industry can be a harsh environment with heavy processing equipment and materials.
- Hygienic flooring – Can be laid to falls to help drainage.
- Anti-slip in wet and dry conditions – Polyurethane screeds offer the maximum anti slip properties to make them ideal in bakeries.
At ACC Flooring, we use solutions such as Pumadur HF when installing for brewery flooring. Much like bakery flooring, brewery flooring requires a flooring that has good chemical, abrasion and impact resistance, with anti- slip and easy cleaning.
Cleaning brewery flooring is usually done at high temperatures, typically with steam cleaners because of their effectiveness against bacteria. Pumadur HF polyurethane resin flooring can be cleaned with temperatures up to 120 degrees and is chemically resistant to these types of cleaning products, leaving you with a safe, easily cleaning, hygienic flooring.
Food & Drink Case Studies
Check out some of our recent food and drink case studies below. To see all our recent work please visit our Case Studies page.